International Business Administration
German language skills
- Foreign students who did not acquire their university entrance certificate (high school diploma/Abitur) in Germany must, as an admission prerequisite, provide proof of German language proficiency either through successfully passing the German Language Exam for University Admission of foreign student Applicants (DSH) or an equivalent test.
They should therefore, acquire a good command of German within their home countries and, if possible, take the TestDaF (German as a Foreign Language) exam.
- Applicants who are exempt from taking the DSH exam include those who:
- Are holders of a German language Abitur,
- Have successfully graduated from a German-language university,
- Possess the German language certificate of the culture minister conference (KMK), level 2, and whose grades were at least at the level C1 in all four parts,
- Have the Goethe Certificate C2 certificate from the Goethe-Institute,
- Have acquired a TestDaF certificate and whose grades were at least at the TDN 4 level in all four parts,
- Have a "telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule" certificate,
- Have already taken the DSH exam.
- The European University Viadrina offers a German preparatory course. Further information ...
- The proof of your current German knowledge has to be submitted already with all other application documents to determine
- if this knowledge is sufficient already for studying
- or if you need to take the DSH or an equivalent German language examination before start of studies
- of if the enrollment will not be possible because of lacking language knoweldge.
The original certificate of the required language knowledge must be presented at the latest at time of enrollment (for the winter semester mid/end of August; for the summer semester mid/end of February).
Please arrange for the language certificate to be sent directly from the test institute to the admissions office. Copies – notarized or not – will not be accepted.
The language certificate may not be older than three years.
In order to meet the deadline, we urgently recommend that you pursue the appropriate language certificate in a timely fashion.