International Business Administration
Information & Operations Management
Doing business in today's global economy is heavily relying on information technology. Organizations are networked, business partners are dispersed worldwide, and supply chains are crossing countries and continents.
Most of the business is based on electronic means. ERP (enterprise resource planning) and SCM (supply chain management) systems are at the core of information processing in all Fortune 500 manufacturing companies. Product specifications, quotations, purchase orders, and invoices are transmitted via computer networks. Innovative new products are developed by distributed teams collaborating via Internet.
IT is one of the key drivers for success in our global economy. Effective product development, manufacturing, and logistics without IT are not conceivable today. Not only large global players are on this track but also small & medium size enterprises (SMEs).
Our mission is to provide first-class education in business and IT focusing on Information & Operations Management. Both theory and practice are combined in the program, taking into account that both parts are needed as a sound foundation for a successful business career. We are teaching concepts, methods, and computer-based tools and systems (like SAP R/3) including hands-on practice. In this way our graduates are well prepared for the challenges they will be facing in their professional careers.
Career goals for IOM graduates are CIO (chief information officer) or COO (chief operations officer) – and, who knows, why not CEO? Well-known CEOs have followed this path.
On the way up the ladder, typical positions IOM graduates can expect to fill are project or program manager, logistics manager, systems analyst, IT application specialist, or consultant in key areas like ERP (enterprise resource planning) and SCM (supply chain management).
Professors in the IOM institute
- Prof. Dr. Christian Almeder
Professorship in Supply Chain Management
- Prof. Dr. Achim Koberstein
Professorship in Business Informatics
- Prof. Dr. Irena Okhrin
Professorship in Information & Operations Management
Which Modules are offered in the Track?
- Computer-based Portfolio Optimization (R-Module)
- Decision Support under Uncertainty
- ERP & SCM Systems
- Information Management
- Information Systems Development
- Information Use by Managers Exercise (R-Module)
- IOM Project Seminar (R-Module)
- Management Information Systems
- Management Science
- New Service Design Workshop (R-Module)
- Operations Research
- Production & Operations Management
- Programming & Software Technology
- Recent Advances in Decision Support Systems (R-Module)
- Seminar Management Science (R-Module)
- Seminar Simulation as Decision Support
- Seminar Simulation as Decision Support (R-Module)
- Service Operations Management
- Statistical Quality Control
- Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- Sustainable Operations (R-Module)