International Business Administration
English language skills
University applicants must, therefore, before the start of the program, provide proof that they have sufficient knowledge in English on the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) as an admission prerequisite and to demonstrate it by means of a corresponding certificate.
- A certificate of sufficient knowledge of the English language on the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) is needed as an admission prerequisite, which can be done by providing proof of having successfully passed one of the following equivalent exams:
- Cambridge English Advanced: level B2,
- Cambridge English First: Grade C,
- IELTS (academic): 6.5 points at minimum in all areas,
- TOEFL (iBT): 80 points at minimum (TOEFL ID Code: 4782),
- TOEIC: 785 points at minimum (listening/reading), 160 points at minimum (speaking), 150 points at minimum (writing),
- Certificate UNIcert II.
A certificate of the required language knowledge must at the latest be presented at the time of enrollment in the original. If you cannot submit the certificate with the specified passing grade at the deadline, you cannot be enrolled in the program.
Except for the mentioned tests and certificates, we do not accept any other language certificate.
Please arrange for the language certificate to be sent directly from the test institute to the admissions office. Copies – notarized or not – will not be accepted.
The language certificate may not be older than three years.
In order to meet the deadline, we urgently recommend that you pursue the appropriate language certificate in a timely fashion.
Only prospective students whose university entrance certificate (high school diploma, Abitur) was completed in one of the following countries do not need to provide proof of English language knowledge: Australia, Ireland, Canada, Malta, New Zeeland, South Africa, UK, USA. Prospective students from other countries need a accepted certificate.