The application procedure takes place once a year at the beginning of the winter semester.
Applicants for the Bilgi/Viadrina Double Degree can be students of the Master of European Studies who are currently in their first or second semester. Five students from each university are selected every year.
Students are required to have a good to very good command of English(UNIcert II or equivalent).
For Viadrina students, basic command of Turkish is an advantage but not a requirement for the application.
All students are obliged to complete a Turkish language course during their stay in Istanbul which will count towards their grade (may be waived for native Turkish speakers).
Language Requirements for Bilgi students
Viadrina University has an emphasis on multilingualism. Courses are offered in German, English, Polish and French. We therefore strongly recommend all Turkish applicants and participate to demonstrate abasic to good command of German. Further study of German is supported on-site: Turkish students have the possibility to attend anintensive German course before the start of the winter semester that is free of charge; it is possible to attend regular classes in German during the semester at the Viadrina Sprachenzentrum.
Additionally, courses in French and Polish are offered during every semester.
Documents needed for an application:
- Letter of Motivation (in English, outlining your academic interest and including classes you would be interested to take at Bilgi University)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- List of all the classes you have attended during your Bachelor degree (with mark) and the Master degree (without mark)
- Copy of your B.A. diploma
- Proof of language skills (English - minimum UNIcert II or equivalent; Turkish - if applicable)
The application deadline is the 10th of December. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the coordinator Julian Irlenkäuser.
Please send your application to:
Masterstudiengang European Studies
15207 Frankfurt (Oder)